- Fire Service Instructor I
- Fire Fighter I
- Fire Fighter II
- DFS 12-Instructor
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
This course addresses NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions, Chapters 4, 6-9, 2012 edition competencies for the fire service instructor. It focuses on safely preparing for live burns, using gas-fired and non-gas-fired permanent structural props, and working with exterior live fire props. Participants will cover incident reports of actual live fire training accidents, current live fire training legal requirements, and direction on how to be compliant with industry standards.
- Full PPE, SCBA and a spare, full air cylinder is required. Please bring gear with you to class. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled. Please ensure that you bring one spare cylinder and that all equipment is sufficiently marked for ownership.
- This course requires significant physical exertion and stamina.
- This course requires a computer, and reliable Internet access.
Currently Available for Enrollment
Live Fire Instructor (Blended)
- Hours: 40
- Online Starts: Monday, September 23, 2019
- Practical Day 1: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Practical Day 2: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Friday, October 25, 2019
- Location: Columbia Fire Training Academy, Big Bear Ct, Columbia, MO 65202
- Instructor: Bruce Bjorge
- Contact: 573-882-4735
4 Easy Ways to Register
Mail your completed form and payment to:
Live Fire Instructor
MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute
1110 S College Ave, Rm 232
Columbia, MO 65211-3410
Include your completed registration form with purchase order, billing authorization, or credit card number. No checks please.
Please have all the information on the registration form available to expedite the process. Hours are 7:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon – Fri, except holidays. Credit cards only please.
Please include your completed PDF registration form with purchase order or billing authorization. If paying with a credit card, please call or fax us with that information. No checks please.