MFA Volunteer Fire Grant
MFA Incorporated has a long history of fulfilling donation requests made by fire departments across Missouri. They have generously provided many fire departments with equipment and funding in the past. MU FRTI is happy to help MFA Incorporated by providing adminstrative oversight of this grant program.
The MFA Volunteer Fire Grant focuses on addressing the needs of the fire service who will benefit the most. While no fire department has all the funding necessary, rural fire departments often struggle the most. Depending on the availability of funds, the goal is to award grants to at least one recipient in each of the nine Fire Mutual Aid Regions in Missouri. It is a requirement of the grant for your agency to be registered with the Missouri Division of Fire Safety, Office of the State Fire Marshal. The MFA Volunteer Fire Grant is dedicated to providing funds that will benefit the fire service in Missouri.
- Application Period: September 1 - October 31, 2019
- Award Notifications: After January 1, 2020
- Grant funds are available to train and equip fire departments in rural areas for the purpose for saving lives and protecting property.
- Grant funding will be awarded for 50% of approved projects with a maximum award of $2,000 and a minimum of $500. This means that if approved, your department must spend $4,000 to receive the $2,000 maximum, and $1,000 must be spent in order to receive the $500 minimum. Local funding match must be available upon application.
- Grant awards will be distributed statewide according to the nine state fire mutual aid regions with the intention to award at least one per region.
- Eligible fire departments must be registered with the Office of the State Fire Marshall, according to statutory requirements (RSMo. 320.271) and be current for the year of application.
- Awards must be current and not applied to any purchases made prior to award.
- Grants will be evaluated based on information submitted on the application. Information which is incomplete or illegible will result in a lower ranking of the application. False or incorrect information will void application.
- Projects must be completed within one-year of award and proof of completion is required.
- Completed applications must be submitted in one of the following methods:
- Online: Apply Online
- FAX: (573) 882-0678
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please use subject: “MFA Grant Application [submitting department name]”)
- Mail: MU FRTI
MFA Fire Grant Application
1110 S. College Ave., Rm 232
Columbia, MO 65211-3410
The MFA Volunteer Fire Grant review process consists of two parts. First, district directors from the Firefighters Association of Missouri (FFAM) and MU FRTI regional coordinators will review applications from their jurisdictions and score them accordingly. It is the intention that these individuals have a direct understanding of the needs of the department and will provide additional insight. The final review will be conducted by a commitee comprised of the MU Fire and Rescue Training Institute, the Firefighters Association of Missouri, the Missouri Division of Fire Safety and MFA Incorporated to determine final awardees.
An award letter will be sent to successful applicants and require that they confirm receipt and agree to meet all requirements of the award. This will be confirmed with an authorized signature from the agency receiving the award. Award payments will be presented in person by the award committee.
The application period is open September 1 - October 31, 2019.
Application links will be active on that date.
Phil Sayer Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship provides Missouri volunteer fire fighters and volunteer fire officers the opportunity to further their skills and education to attend training that they might not otherwise be able to afford. The funds from this scholarship are typically awarded for both the MU FRTI annual Winter Fire School and annual Summer Fire School.